Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2nd consultation

After a year and 4 months I returned to the surgeon's office approval finally in hand. I will be bouncing back in future posts to tell you the missing back story, but felt as though I wanted to keep up with what's happening now as well. It's a really bizarre feeling to fight for something for over a year, when it finally happens it's all of a sudden not about the fight/ appeal and more about the reality. This is happening. I have a date- August 31. All of a sudden everything is planned the grey area, the fog has lifted. Pretty intense.
I feel a lot more optimistic and confident about the whole thing since meeting with my surgeon again. He was very good about going over the blunt realities and making sure I knew all of my options.  It's so strange joking around with a person who will soon cut you open! I should note I have never had surgery before. Not even a broken bone!
Is it inappropriate to make "Hey doc while you are in there..." jokes with a plastic surgeon? Heh... perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment