Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome/Bienvenue

   This is a blog about breast reduction. I started this because I thought it would be cathartic to me but more importantly helpful to you out there scared about the process.  I have thought about having the surgery for 10 years and spent the past year and a half actually fighting to get it. I am about to have my second consultation tomorrow, and my surgery is scheduled for the end of the month. So welcome aboard please feel free to follow along or if you're a jerk kindly return to failblog to laugh at the misfortune of others. 
What you can expect here: Humor, insurance advice, opinions, medical info, my journey. Things you won't see: Before and after photos.

   This has been an emotional experience and I know I am not the only one out there going through it. I wish I could have found a blog like this to help me. Instead of the countless scary message boards with success and horror stories, before and after galleries, and webMD (which if any of you have been on you know you always leave that site convinced you have ebola, SARS and the mumps.) I am not a medical professional and anything I write here is purely opinion or things I have learned in my own experience. Any decisions you make should be between you and a professional. That being said here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment