Sunday, August 7, 2011

Planting the seed

It was almost 10 years ago when I first thought of having a breast reduction. Or rather someone told me I should. I was working at H&M and in my second year of college when one of my coworkers said to me "damn girl you should get a breast reduction" It had never occurred to me and quite frankly I was a little insulted. I hadn't ASKED for her opinion and didn't appreciate her candor about something so personal. I had never loved my chest in fact I had been trying to hide it for years by wearing sports bras (day and night). But that was my burden and who the hell was she to bring it up. After this the seed was planted I started to think… This is a thing? This is actually something you could have done? Would it help my back pain? My coworker had known someone who had done it and was very happy so it must be. Over a decade later and the thought still hasn't left my brain. I know now if I don't do it I will always wonder what if. So now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment