Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the reasons

Here are some of the reasons I have decided a reduction is right for me.
- Over a decade of DAILY back pain: upper back knots, pain, tingling and burning. A constant feeling that I need to crack or adjust my back.

- Wearing dumb ugly spots bras which lead to the dreaded... DUN DUN DUN the UNIBOOB look. (I even wear a sports bra to bed every night.) Or the unflattering matronly minimizer bras. For those of you that don't know, a minimizer bra does the opposite of what the billion dollar lingerie sets out to do. It tames the ladies instead of making them bigger or pushing them up to your chin. I have a drawer full of very expensive bras that I ended up hating. Not only are you never comfortable- they have thick straps which make an appearance in pretty much any outfit with exception of OH so stylish turtle necks.
Let's take a moment to talk about strapless bras... I have tried a couple. I tugged at my sides all day and felt like a loaded slingshot ready to go off at any given moment. All joking aside I hope very much to be able to wear thin strapped/ strapless clothing after surgery.

-Unwelcome attention. Your chest is suppose to make you feel attractive/ desirable. For me it is the opposite I don't want to show off my cleavage and flaunt what I have. I just want to keep it in check so I can function comfortably. Also dudes can be creeps. Plain and simple, subtle or not. My ladies are not a gift I want to share with the world.

-I am grateful for my good health but all of these things lead to a general feeling of not being at home in my own body.

No comments:

Post a Comment