Monday, August 22, 2011

Slammogram

Mild discomfort my a**. I'm not trying to scare anyone out there but the mammogram was kind of traumatic. I understand that I had to have it done before the surgery but it wasn't fun. The place I went to has a good rep and I am told it is better than some of the other places around. I had to go for three rounds of painful mammogram xrays with awkward/scared waits in a small room in between. Then an even more awkward ultrasound. They thought they found a spot. It turns out it was nothing but tissue but it was a really tense 3 hours. I was scared not only of them finding something but of the possibility of having to push back the surgery until they found out more. You just feel so vulnerable and off in that gown... Here is a very honest self portrait I took that day. ps 9 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment